Coronavirus Updates From LifeStore
The health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve are our top priorities. We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and following the updates from state and federal experts. We have developed a comprehensive plan in the event of a worsening situation to be sure we will be here when you need us. We are here to serve you and want to share information with you about how we continue to operate safely.
Ways to do business with LifeStore
- Our branches are still open for service. If you have concerns about the virus or are feeling sick, we encourage you to use our drive-thru or any of our convenient electronic banking options. If you are wearing a medical mask, please visit our drive-thru for the safety of our employees.
- Our mobile banking app and online banking are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as convenient ways to check your account status, pay bills, transfer money and deposit checks at any time. If you aren’t using these options, begin by first enrolling in online banking, go to Enroll. Then download our free mobile app and enjoy the convenience of banking with your mobile device.
- Withdraw cash, check balances or make deposits at any of our ATMs located in West Jefferson, Jefferson, and Boone, North Carolina.
- Contact any of our insurance representatives by phone or email to make a payment, file a claim or manage your account. Visit lifestoreinsurance.com for many online services.
We’re here to help
If you are negatively affected by the coronavirus situation, we are here to help. We are committed to working with our customers to reduce financial stress during this challenging time. If you have experienced a financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus, call us at 1-800-723-4718.
Steps we’re taking
We are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal and state agencies to ensure we are taking appropriate measures to keep our employees and customers safe. We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and the safety of our employees and customers.
We are conducting enhanced cleaning where needed and have sent hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes to all our offices. We are expanding our leave policies and are encouraging our employees to stay home if they feel sick or have been in close contact with someone with the virus. We have limited business travel for our employees and are conducting group meetings by phone or other digital means.
Steps you can take
- Stay up to date by following the CDC’s website. www.cdc.gov
- Follow the CDC recommendations to help prevent the spread of this virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home when you are not feeling well; and
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Beware of Scams. Never give your personal information out to people who contact you unsolicited by phone, email or otherwise. If you receive a suspicious email or text message, don’t respond, click on any links or open attachments. Always verify the authenticity of any websites before making a donation or a purchase. If you suspect you have been a victim of fraud, call us at 800-723-4718.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and we are prepared to take additional steps as needed to minimize interruptions to our customers. Thank you for your support.
LifeStore Reminds You How to Stop the Spread of Disease
A Few Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Myth busters From the World Health Organization
Myth: The coronavirus will only affect older people or young children
MYTH: Hot and humid weather can kill the Coronavirus
MYTH: Hand dryers will kill the Coronavirus